Sunday, April 25, 2010

My Parents Backyard and a couple from the front

We visited my parents house today and enjoyed a great meal on the back patio. I have been wanting to do more "personal camera work" to help hone my skills and to just have fun. I brought my 5D (classic) and my 85mm F1.8 and thought I would shoot if something inspired me. My parents backyard has a lot of different flowers and plants as well as a quirkyness that only those who know my Mom can understand. As we were eating I started noticing pictures in my head and decided that I was going to do a photo study of their yard. The colors, the textures, and the patterns. Some of these pics remind me of old Brett Weston black and white prints and there is a LITTLE Georgia O'Keefe in there, probably only because of some of the southwest elements of the yard.

Enjoy the images.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I couldnt decide on a color or B&W version, so I did both! LOL

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I love the shadows!!!

Photobucket
Photobucket

I love ferns!

Photobucket

No comments: